Monday, April 30, 2012

Beware of Scam.

I posted a ad online last week to sell off my wife's hand bag (S/S2011 Balenciaga Velo in Militaire).
later last week, i received an email from a guy call Henry Rock from USA. Stated he is interested in the bag i posted and would like to buy it for her daughter. Below in red is from his email  babajo2004@yahoo.com

 I know we cannot trust all this online, but i just like to know how this people would scam and what they are up to. So later i send him my paypal account as requested. Last night, he send me a email said he had done a fund transfer into my paypal account but paypal will only release the fund after i provide a valid AWB (Airway Bill number) for the shipment of the goods. follow by i received an email from "Paypal" saying a fund had been done by this Henry Rock and mention the same thing that i need to provide a AWB#. But..... when i click into the detail of the email address, it shows customerhelpdept@usa.com, NOT FROM PAYPAL.

So here is the trick, people will get over excited that someone is interested in their products and might quickly ship the items. And before you can receive the fund, your goods is gonnne....!!!

Some scam will also tell you they have this big amount of money that they will transfer to you and you can keep some percentage for your help (Money Laundry), but first you need to trnasfer some funds for some documentation fee. Bullshit, if they have this kind of money, why do they still need to you transfer a small amount of money to them first. Ask them to cut from your comm instead lah !!!

So everyone please be careful of all this scam and never trust until you see the money. Not ever those who want you to send them a little money before they can transfer any funds to you.

For me, i always like to reply to them to see what they are up to. :D


Hello i am Mr Henry Rock from United State Of America,   how are you today and how are your families ? hope all is good ? well i am interested in buying the item for my daughter in USA, because it my daughter that need it  and i hope she would like it , so kindly get to me with the total cost of the item including the shipping cost to her address below with post office, i pay through either Paypal or Bank transfer ok reply soon.

First Name :Janet
Last Name :Rock
Address:6-9 romank house creek
City-Edinburg
State-Virgina
Zip-Code : 22824
Country : USA

10 comments:

  1. This guy still dare to email me.

    From: Henry Rock [mailto:babajo2004@yahoo.com]
    Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 4:01 PM
    To: Derrick
    Subject: RE: Reply to your "S/S2011 Balenciaga Velo in Militaire.

    Email me as soon as it has been shipped

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is my reply to him. hehehe....

    Hi Henry.

    I had prepared the bag to ship out by today or tomorrow once Paypal confirmed the amount is into my account.
    FYI, I have another 6 branded bags that I’m selling off at only 50% below retail price.
    My wife bought it and use for less than 2months. Some are totally new and never use before.

    Let me know if you are interested, I can drop the price a little more if you are going to buy all 6.

    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This guy didnt reply me after telling him i clarified with PayPal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!! Thank you for sharing, i almost got scammed. He replyed my e-mail today and when i told him the total price after adding the shipping fee is $150 and he replyed me 'good' thats when i notice something is wrong. But i gav him my bank account n.o. Doesnt matter right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kad,
      Yah, that is what he replied me too.
      Don't worry I don't think they can do much about it with just your account no.

      Delete
  5. Good thing I googled his email address! I knew something was fishy when he was still willing to buy an item very widely available in the US plus the brand offers free shipping! Thanks for the info. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lulu,
      That's what my wife is asking me, "he can get a cheaper price in states and why should he pay more". You are lucky enough I posted his email, because at my time I didn't find any info from his email address.

      Btw, are you the Lulu from "The Noose"??? Lol..... Just kidding.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there,

    I got the similar email from the guy below,

    Frank Brown olaoloun@yahoo.com

    Hello i am Mr Frank Brown from United State Of America, how are you today and how are your families ? hope all is good ? well i am interested in buying the item for my daughter in USA, because it my daughter that need it and i hope she would like it , so kindly get to me with the total cost of the item including the shipping cost to her address below with post office, i pay through either Paypal or Bank transfer ok reply soon.


    But shucks, I've already mailed my item over. I chanced upon this website too late.. :(

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi There,

    Sorry to hear that.
    Are you able to stop the forwarder from shipping?
    One guy told me he is able to stop the shipment in time.

    ReplyDelete